If you want to make optimum use of your email marketing efforts, you probably should know the best time to send emails! Many bloggers and marketers share the data that they get online which are most dubious and you probably try following there lead. But you don’t get the results that you were looking for? Right?
Don’t worry after this article you will get the exact idea, which will be backed by several studies by the well-known names in the email marketing industry. I have personally gone through there data and concluded for you in short, so that you can reap the benefits! ?
Now, Considering the fact that all aspects of the internet, including social media and email, have revolutionized the communication process, companies all over the world have used this to their benefit, by beginning promotion of their products and/or services. Email is one such communication method. To find out the exact time to send emails to your customers can be really tenacious. But it can also help you increase your sales and conversions exponentially. So Let’s dive in to find out what is the best time to send your email campaigns.
The objective of this article is to answer certain queries regarding the same-
- What is email marketing?
- How to generate a profit using emails?
- Best day to send email?
- Best time to send email campaign?
- How to send FREE EMAILS & Do Send Time Optimization?
What Is Email Marketing?
The Cambridge Dictionary defines email marketing as “the process of advertising goods and/or services by sending bulk emails to customers.” This has benefited businesses and has become a fad with the industry for their outreach programs, it allows companies to connect with their customers on a more personal level, it also allows them to get information not only about the company but also about the on-going promotions and discounts.
Furthermore, it is a very common form of promotion because not only is it time-saving but is also pocket friendly, it makes global reach possible and most importantly it is timely. You can use several SMTP servers to send free emails. Read about the companies that let you send free emails here is the list of free SMTP servers.
If you are just starting out you can learn more about SMTP Servers with our The Complete Guide To SMTP Servers.
Research by Marketing Sherpa suggests that 72% of the total population prefers to receive information about promotional offers through and other details through email. Moreover, it also helps these companies easily connect with customers who prefer to shop on their laptops, mobiles, etc.
One more study by statista.com suggests that we will be sending and receiving 347 billion emails by 2023.
So now you have the idea of the scale of email marketing is gonna be! Read our guide on an email marketing strategy to increase your conversions.
Other ways in Which email marketing has proved to be beneficial for companies is that it aids them in earning higher Return On Investments (ROI) because; it contributes towards an increase in revenue, brand awareness escalates, it attracts more traffic to the website and it also helps increase sales conversions, it is a more effective form of promotion as compared to social media and it also helps in keeping customers.
The next thing to understand is, how it helps companies generate more revenue.
How to generate a profit using emails?
Emails can be used for a no. of things you can use it to upsell your product, educating your prospects, transactional emails. But according to me, the biggest advantage is to help you maintain your brand presence. Now any customer visiting your website is very less likely to buy your product at once. But when you combine remarketing + emails you can create a deadly drip campaign that can help you convert your customers in the long run. The customer then receives regular updates in the form of your email, it starts to recognise your brand. Prospects will wander off for sure at once (I have seen that in my marketing career) but once they see your brand again and again they start to develop trust and eventually will convert.
Email Marketing Gives a ROI of $38 for every $1 that you spend as investment
The rate of sales conversions also increases as it attracts a large number of customers, which eventually results in high Return On Investments (ROI) of these companies. Another factor that contributes towards this is that email marketing helps raise awareness about the company. This happens because, by building relationships with consumers, helps them increase visibility. Increased visibility means, the number of target customers also increases, and consequently the company is able to earn maximum profits.
Pro Tip – Before scheduling your email campaigns I will recommend you go through The CAN-SPAM Act of Marketing to avoid any penalties and legalities.
Therefore, with the advancement in technology that is only going to continue to develop, email marketing has become the most preferred form of promotion of products and/or services due to all the above-mentioned reasons. Over time, this preference is only going to continue to grow, due to the very fact that it is easily accessible, versatile and most importantly contributes towards building relations with customers scattered all over the vast geographical landscape.
Best Day To Send Email?
Now it can widely vary from your country to your industry. If you are in a business that operates in night i.e your customers have a demand for your product at night. This study does not hold valid. The data has been compiled from more than 20 million customers. If you are a regular business This is the data for you and might help you increase your open rates + conversions. Read on to find the best time to send marketing emails.
Disclaimer – The data has been compiled by many email industry leaders, I have just analysed it for you
Top studies on the best time of day to send emails-
- Research by SendinBlue industry-specific research.
- Tips for sending emails at best time Constant Contact.
- WordStream’s research on the very best time to send email newsletters.
- Research by GetResponse on the best day to send email.
- MailChimp’s insights for send time optimization.
- Research by GetResponse on best days to send email newsletters.
Remaining studies on the time of day to send emails that we have analysed
- Research by Customer.io’s best day to send emails.
- Original findings from curated data by Propeller.
- Research by CampaignMonitor’s on the best time to send email campaigns.
- HubSpot’s best time to send a business email report.
- CNBC’s findings from an interview with MailChimp’s own John Foreman.
Analysis by FreeSMTPServers on the best day to send emails!
- Tuesday: Among all the studies mentioned most of these points out towards Tuesday being the number #1 to send your email blast.
- Thursday: If you send approximately two to three emails in a week, Tuesday + Thursday makes the best combination for you. Thursday #2 in our list.
- Wednesday: Wednesday was not the best day to send your emails in most of the studies but it definitely came in the second place in many studies that we analysed. Wednesday is the #3 in our list of the best day to send your emails.
Disclaimer – Some of the studies mentioned weekends as the best time to send your emails due to high open and CTR but I want to point out that overall brands refrain themselves from sending emails on weekends. In some studies, it might be given as the best time to send emails but the data is not that rich to back it up as comparatively very few companies send their emails on weekends.
#Most of the studies point out that the middle of the week is the optimum day to send your emails
There are four basic indicators that help in studying the best time to send emails namely; % ‘Open Volume’ refers to the total number of emails sent, that were opened during a fixed period of time. For example, if the open volume for a given day, say, Wednesday is 39 %. This means, 39 % of all the emails sent in the given week were opened. Read about how you can use email automation to increase your sales.
The next is % ‘Click Volume’. It is used to measure the total number of emails that were clicked on and were actually useful to the consumer, during a particular period of time For example, if the click volume for Tuesday is 12 %. This means that 12%t of all emails circulated during the week were actually useful to the consumers. Followed by ‘Open Rate’ which measures the total number of emails sent that were opened by the subscribers. Finally, ‘Click Rate’, which is used to measure the total number of emails that were actually useful of all the emails that were sent.
Let’s See the Data to back our claims –
- MailChimp has found out Thursday as the number one day to send your email blasts followed by Tuesday
- According to GetResponse the most optimum time is Thursday and then the second peak is on Tuesday
- Data by wordstream suggests that Thursday and Tuesday are the best time to send your email campaigns
- Customer.io analysed the data that shows that your emails has the maximum open rate on Tuesdays also Saturdays may also be a good day to send an email campaigns.
Data by HubSpot shows that Tuesday is the best day followed by Monday and Wednesday
Best time to send email campaign?
This is what freesmtpservers found out after analyzing studies from various email sending platforms.
- 10-11 AM – Several studies concluded that 10 am to 11am is the best time to send your marketing emails
- 8 PM to Midnight – People generally checks there phones before sleeping hence this is the best time.
- 2 PM – People are generally having lunch break at this time, so these email campaigns get the maximum open rate
- 6-7 AM – Most people start there day by checking there phone so it makes more sense to send an early morning email blast.
Now let’s look at the data to back our claims of these results –
- Campaign Monitor’s research shows that morning 10 AM to 11 AM is definitely the best time to send your email campaigns. As we can see in the image that the maximum open rates is at 10 AM. Campaign Monitor study reveals that 53% of emails are opened during the weekday between 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Research by MailChimp confirms that sending emails between 10 a.m.–noon will get you the most opens. That is the optimum time according to there study.
- According to wordstream 2 PM looks like a great time to send and its study shows that 2 PM has the maximum open time.
- Customer.io’s research found that email opens are highest from 8 p.m.–12 p.m, with a second peak between 4–8 p.m.
- HubSpot suggests that Sending emails at 11 a.m. have the best open rates.
I want to point out that companies with different niches will have different audiences. As shown in a study by SendinBlue –
Try sending your emails on the following times to get the maximum open rate-
- Tuesday at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday at 2 p.m.
- Tuesday at 6 a.m.
- Thursday at 8 p.m.
- Thursday at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday at 8 p.m.
- Tuesday at 2 p.m.
- Tuesday at 8 p.m.
- Thursday at 2 p.m.
- Thursday at 6 a.m.
- Wednesday at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday at 6 a.m.
Try sending the emails on the above stated times, we have given you the time for approx 12 emails for one-month strategy.
Pro Tip – Try sending your emails, 30 minutes prior to the peak time.
How to send FREE EMAILS & Do Send Time Optimization?
There are several tools that let you schedule and send you free emails. We will let you know about major free email services out there and how you can send time optimised emails using these services.
Sendinblue offers 9000 free emails per month along with this, you can design your own email from scratch or choose from there existing professional-looking email templates. It is totally free of cost. I will suggest you have a look at there service, I was quite impressed by there offerings and we recommend using Sendinblue. Try There Service
If you are willing to spend you can opt for there 25$ monthly plan, which unloads a plethora of services. You can really do truckload with there services. Check out all there Plans here
You can send mails automatically using Sendinblue transactional email attribute, segment your emails.
You can optimise your email campaigns using A/B testing and optimise your future campaigns for better open rates and conversions.
The advanced attribute of SendInBlue CRM helps in creating different lists such as visit time along with a source of acquisition. Start sending free emails here
Send Time Optimisation With SendinBlue
Once you have designed your emails using Sendinblue Drag N Drop campaign builder, you need to schedule your emails.
You have three ways to send your email campaigns-
- Send Now
- Schedule for some specified time
- Choose the best time to send your email campaigns
Choose “Send at the best time” to let the Sendinblue automation do wonder with your email campaign.
You just have to select the date when you want to send your emails. On that day, SendinBlue automatically will send your emails at the optimal time to engage each recipient. All recipients will receive the email on the specified day. If you liking our blog I am sure you will love our SendinBlue Pricing & Review
How the best sending time is determined?
Each recipient is different and time is calculated for each individual separately. If that individual has already received emails from Sendinblue, they optimise your emails for each person according to its previous open habits. So that you have the best open and CTR.
If a particular recipient is the first time receiver of emails from Sendinblue, the best time is determined on the basis of the opening time of previous campaigns.
The optimal time is displayed directly below the campaign’s scheduled date.
SendinBlue learns with each campaign and with time it automatically optimises your campaigns for better returns on your investments. Check out Sendinblue automation.
What if I choose the campaign to send at the best time on the current day?
Yes, you can but if the best time has passed for some contacts, the message will be sent on the next day (within 24 hours).
Pro Tip – If your campaign is time-sensitive I recommend going for there option to send on a specific time option. It is recommended scheduling your first campaign at a specific time. SendinBlue will learn from your campaign’s engagement to determine the optimal send time for future campaigns.
Disclaimer – This feature is available only with premium and enterprise plans of Sendinblue
This clearly indicates that the middle of the week is surely the best time to send your email blasts. The emails help companies to connect with customers at a very personal level which helps them in understanding their needs and wants. Moreover is helps them in working on their loopholes such that they are constantly working on themselves to be more customer-centric.
When is the best time to send a newsletter?
We analysed more than 11 studies conducted by email sending tools and found that there are four perfect times to send your newsletters that are
- 6 A.M as people tend to check there phones first thing in the morning
- 10 A.M Several studies show 10 A.M to be the best time to send your newsletters
- 2 P.M People tend to have lunch or break time when they tend to check their phones and you will have amazing open time
- 8 P.M to Midnight People generally checks there phones before sleeping hence this is the best time
When is the best time to send a marketing email?
The top 4 times to send a marketing email is as follows –
- 6-7 AM – Most people start there day by checking their phone so it makes more sense to send an early morning email blast.
- 10-11 AM – Several studies concluded that 10 am to 11 am is the best time to send your marketing emails
- 2 PM – People are generally having a lunch break at this time, so these email campaigns get the maximum open rate
- 8 PM to Midnight – People generally checks there phones before sleeping hence this is the best time.
When is the best time to send an email campaign?
According to FreeSMTPServers best time to send an email campaign are –
- 8 P.M as people generally check their phones before going to bed
- 2 P.M people generally take a break at this time so this makes an optimum time to send your email campaign
- 6 A.M more than 50% of people check there phones the first thing in the morning.
When is the best time to send an email?
The best time to send an email is 6 A.M, 2 P.M and from 8 P.M to Midnight as analysed by FreeSMTPServers.com by studying data from more than 10 studies conducted by famous email providers.
When’s the best time to send an email?
The best time to send an email is Early morning around 6 A.M, and between 8 P.M to Midnight. as people tend to check there phones the first thing in the morning and before sleeping. Data analysed by FreeSMTPServers from studies by best email providers.
What is the best day to send an email campaign?
The best day to send an email campaign is Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as analysed by FreeSMTPServers from data provided by well-known names in the email industry. Like GetResponse, Constant Contact etc. More than 10 studies have been analysed to reach this conclusion.
What’s the best day of the week to send out direct mail?
The best day to send direct mail is Tuesday if you send just one direct mail in a week but if you are looking at sending two direct emails per week Tuesday Thursday makes the best combination.
What day is the best day to send an email blast?
The best day to send an email blast is Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday and Thursday have the most open rate when you send an email blast.